Internal Complaints Procedure
At Hardings we are committed to providing an outstanding service to all our clients and customers. We do accept that at times things do not always go according to plan. When this happens, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards, review our processes and ensure we are providing the required information and training for our teams.
If you have a complaint could we ask that you put it in writing, it will be helpful for you to summarise the specific complaints/concerns you have and follow this with as much detail on each one. This way we can be sure to review and respond to all your concerns.
We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
Stage 1 – please write to Stuart Lawson (Associate Director) at either email@example.com or 11 High Street, Windsor, SL4 1LD.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure and a copy to the TPO Consumer Guide.
- We will then investigate your complaint. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter. If the matter is complex or we need slightly longer to complete our investigation, then we will advise of such in writing.
- In the majority of cases we expect that we will be able to resolve this matter as part of the stage 1 process. However, if we have not achieved this outcome for you then you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place. Please contact John Carroll (Company Director) at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 11 High Street, Windsor, SL4 1LD.
- John Carroll will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review and confirm our final viewpoint on the matter.
- In the event that that you continue to have concerns after both stages and you have received a copy of our ‘final viewpoint letter’, or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made, you can request an independent review from The Property Ombudsman without charge. The Property Ombudsman, Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP1 2BP. Telephone 01722 333 306. Email email@example.com. www.tpos.co.uk
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints be addressed through this in-house complaint’s procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.